Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nora Ephron, farewell.

Nora Ephron makes an apple tart at her New York home in 2009 amid the release of “Julie & Julia.”
Nora Ephron-writer. Books. Screenplays.Columns.Cookbook! She did it all. Her influence can't be summed up in a blog post, and I recommend heading to the library and checking out some of her books. Her characters would have gone to the library or an independently owned book store, of course.
Below are images that I will always bring a smile to my face.
(Sleepless in Seattle)
The bachelor pad/ houseboat in Seattle:

front-door-meg-ryan
the single, romantic/vintage loving girl kitchen set in Baltimore:

Annie-1
Sleepless in Seattle-Meg Ryan's pink kitchen

Annie: Now those were the days when people knew how to be in love.
Becky: You’re a basket case.
Annie: They knew it. Time, distance, nothing could separate them. Because they knew. It was right. It was real. It was…
Becky:…a movie. That’s your problem. You don’t want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie
Sleepless in Seattle


And of course, one of my favorite movies:
When Harry Met Sally... Poster

The Manhattan Apartments! I will just focus on the best two:
\
The loft! Can I have one, please?





The brownstone!

The wagon wheel coffee table that represents the furniture all you men need to just THROW AWAY (er, I mean recycle).
And yes, I'll have what she's having. :)



No comments: